For 48+ years NOC has led the outdoor industry, taking more guests whitewater rafting and teaching more paddlers than any other outdoor recreation company. NOC also provides top-quality aerial and trail-based adventures, wilderness medicine as well as unmatched retail service, foodservice, lodging, and trip planning services. Behind NOC's success is our staff’s commitment to our five core values: Lead by Example, Service Before Self, Do the Right Thing, Work Hard/Play Hard and Make it Happen. These core values unite a community of leaders and pioneers in an exciting, fun and always changing work environment.
NOC career opportunities offer a rare combination of work in beautiful locations, a chance to grow skills and to share a passion for active outdoor recreation. Ideal candidates are leaders in the workplace that wish to join a unique, values-driven organization. They aspire to excellence in their fields and disciplines and they demonstrate a commitment to the service of others. Above all, they want to provide guests with unforgettable experiences. If this sounds like you, we hope you'll apply to join the NOC team.
Come join our River's End staff in a leadership role and have views of the river all day! NOC is looking for a Front of House (FOH) Shift Manager to join their team. This position reports to the Front of House Manager and will work with the entire River's End staff to deliver a high-quality dining experience for NOC's guests!
FOH Shift Manager is a seasonal position and we are looking for applicants that would be available to start in May and work through November. Ideal candidates are able to work a flexible schedule including mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends.
· Act as manager on duty in manager's absence
· Supervise up to 30 employees
· Perform manager responsibilities, including opening and closing procedures
· Assist in maintaining all alcohol inventory systems, office supply ordering systems and food inventory control
· Drive restaurant success and profitability by meeting sales and service goals set by management
· Implement daily floor flow charts and daily specials
· Assist in monitoring controllable restaurant expenses to maximize profitability and efficiency
· Maintain positive relationships within River's End and with all other departments at NOC
· Ensure that company and departmental communication is relayed in a timely manner
· Act as Bartender and manage behind the bar operations including but not limited to: taking to go orders, cash handling, fulfilling drink orders
· Assist Front of House staff as needed
· Assist management with active payroll management and scheduling
· Assist with planning of unique events and holidays
· Attend and be an active participant in staff meetings
Staff Training and Development
· Ensure that all NOC policies and campus procedures are known and followed
· Facilitate an environment where guest service is the most important value in NOC foodservice
· Promote and monitor quality guest service through training and leading by example
· Resolve employee issues through leadership and consistent coaching techniques
· Inspire an enjoyable and productive work environment through active leadership
· Assist management in evaluating employee performance, scheduling and assisting with seasonal and annual reviews
· Assist in training of new employees
· Familiarity with NOC cultures, values and mission
· 1-2 years management in the restaurant industry OR an extensive and successful serving career
Applicants must be:
· Willing and able to work a typical restaurant schedule including mornings, evenings, weekends and some holidays
· Able to safely lift and carry up to 55lbs.
· Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
· Able to sustain productive work and take direction well
· A self-starter
· Able to function as a team player
· Able to provide exceptional guest service
Applicants must have:
· Effective communication skills
· Exceptional guest
· Professional appearance and attitude
· Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to provide a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so too may the essential functions of this position.
The Nantahala Outdoor Center (NOC) is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any and all terms, conditions or privileges of employment including hiring, promotions, termination, training and compensation. The NOC does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic condition or any other status protected by federal, state or local law, where applicable. Furthermore, the NOC is committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment through respecting and valuing the diversity among employees and all those with whom the NOC does business.