For 40+ years NOC has led the outdoor industry, taking more guests whitewater rafting and teaching more paddlers than any other outdoor recreation company. NOC also provides top-quality aerial and trail-based adventures, and provides unmatched retail service, foodservice, lodging, and trip planning services. Behind NOC's rapid growth are our five core values: Lead by Example, Do the Right Thing, Service Before Self, Work Hard-Play Hard, Make it Happen. These core values unite a community of leaders and pioneers in an exciting, fun and always changing work environment.
NOC career opportunities offer prospects rare opportunities to work in beautiful locations, to grow their skills and to share a passion for active outdoor recreation. Ideal candidates are leaders in the work place that wish to join a unique, values-driven organization. They aspire to excellence in their fields and disciplines and they demonstrate a commitment to the service of others. Above all, they want to provide visitors with unforgettable experiences in the great outdoors. If this sounds like you, we hope you'll apply to join the NOC team.
Come work at Gatlinburg’s largest retailer. Located at the entrance to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, NOC Gatlinburg has a lot to offer our guests as they gear up for their day or trip into the park. Inside we have a 28 foot climbing wall, a kid’s bear cave, and an Eagle’s Nest Outfitters lounge area. Our staff are experts in park trail information, rafting on the Pigeon, Ocoee, and Nantahala, and other fun outdoor activities in the area.
Our store is roughly 18,000 square feet of experiential retailing with products from top outdoor brands. Formerly known as the Open Hearth Restaurant, NOC renovated this building in 2010 and opened its doors as a LEED certified outdoor retailer. Our guests have three levels to explore and shop where they will find new experiences around every corner. Whether it is climbing, relaxing in rocking chairs by the fireplace, or discovering the latest and greatest in camping gear and clothing our guests always enjoy visiting us year after year.
The ideal candidate for the Gatlinburg Store Manager is someone who can work alongside staff, continue to cultivate relationships with like-minded organizations within the Gatlinburg community and drive retail and activity sales through great guest experiences. If you create a fun and supportive environment for both employees and guests and love outdoor adventures, gear and gifts just as much as we do we encourage you to apply!
This is a full-time, year round, benefits eligible position that includes paid vacation, medical coverage, 401k, access to NOC activities and working with a team of like-minded individuals.
Maintains responsibility for the store revenue, budgets and inventory
• Assists in creating budgets for all facets of the store, including merchandise, payroll, supplies, fixtures, and revenue.
• Responsible for insuring that budgets are met.
• Implements and monitors all inventory guidelines regarding inventory levels, inventory control.
Implements and adheres to policies and guidelines of NOC.
• Oversees the creation of all new structure and guidelines, as well as policy and procedure.
• Ensures compliance with existing company policies and practices.
Supports and directs all staff
• Provides job descriptions and clear expectations for all supervised positions.
• Provides input to the Buying Team.
• Schedules and facilitates all staff meetings.
Directly responsible for personnel issues
• Responsible for hiring and training all new store staff.
• Works with Leadership and Talent Development team to create training programs and standards.
• Responsible for all aspects of performance evaluation
• Responsible for all salary changes, promotions, disciplinary actions and dismissals.
Works on the sales floor
• Serves as front line employee in assisting in sales, stocking, displays, registers, etc.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Analytical skills regarding spreadsheet data, industry trends, and personnel issues, etc.
• Strong interpersonal skills to interact with manufacturers’ reps, guests, and staff.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task
• Detail oriented and highly organized.
• Ability to work autonomously, yet function as a team player.
• Strong customer service orientation.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 3 years management experience in outdoor retail.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to provide a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so too may the essential functions of this position.
The Nantahala Outdoor Center (NOC) is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any and all terms, conditions or privileges of employment including hiring, promotions, termination, training and compensation. The NOC does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic condition or any other status protected by federal, state or local law, where applicable. Furthermore, the NOC is committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment through respecting and valuing the diversity among employees and all those with whom the NOC does business.